Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Vivian Inspired

     What I am most enthusiastic about photography is its stillness. Don't get me wrong, I love videos too, but what makes a photograph so interesting for me is the fact that it is not moving. Nevertheless, it still captures a thousand words, like the old saying goes. Yet it is only you, the photographer, who knows the entire story. 

     Here's a few shots I took around the city (again!), inspired by this amazingly talented photographer named Vivian Maier. A lot of you may have heard of her already, but to those like me who just recently found out about this woman, she was a nanny during the 1950s in New York City who loved photography. Her work was apparently discovered in 2007 at a thrift auction in Chicago and from then on, wowed the world of photography and inspired many others. Many also believe that she was one of the first street photographers, much like The Sartorialist. What I love about her work is that they're all very genuine yet artistically mysterious. Yes, what you see is urban America in the late 20th century, but what you get could actually be worth telling more. My stuff here is probably not half as good as hers but we're trying to get there :">


08 December 2011

Meat Packing District

Meat Packing District II

You will love this place.

I'm a tree lover.


At one of the community playgrounds. This is on W 16th if I remember it correctly.









"People who want to understand democracy should spend less time in the library with Aristotle,
and more time on the buses and in the subway. " - Simeon Strunsky

Lower East Side

Add caption


Say hello to after school hours

How cute is this

And this one too!

The New York Vendor

Let me know what you think,

<3 Roni

No comments:

Post a Comment