Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Quickie on Chasing Dreams

     WOW. That took me awhile to blog again. This blogging thing is actually quite hard to commit to. I, for one, am probably the person in this site who has the most underdeveloped blog. But it's never too late to give it a shot, isn't it? So.. So many things happened the past months since I made my first post. So many blog-worthy stories I can share with you, that I dyingly regret I haven't. But anyways, to make the long story short; after one hellavuh Thesis, an awesome wakeboarding-whaleswimming-nonstop-eating trip with my girls to the Bicol Region in the Philippines, a revealing island experience in Boracay with my loves, a bittersweet graduation, and a whole lot of unemployment/what-am-I-gonna-do-with-my-life- drama.. I'm here at the greatest city in the world, trying to chase my dreams. Sounds so cheezy but it's true.. I mean, we all want to get to where we want to be, right? We all have our dreams and we all want them to come true. The question that I have constantly running through my mind though is that, is it all going to be worth the chase, worth the sacrifice? Everyday I freak out everytime I ask myself, what if it doesn't work out? What if you end up not really living the life you want to live? 

    But you see, a friend of mine told me that I worry too much. I'm too young to be stressed out about what's gonna happen in the future when what's important is that I should focus on the beautiful things in the present. Love will come, and life will happen. Focus on your dream, and you'll get there. You may have tons of breakdowns and a bucket full of disappointments, frustrations, and rejections but you gotta keep your eyes on the goal and don't get discouraged. Take it from me who wasted so much time on ranting about how bittersweet this whole thing is (if only I could take those moments back!). And take it from a man who filled our childhood with insurmountable imagination, made us believe in fairytales and happy endings, and made his own dreams come true, my good 'ol friend Walt who said that, "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them". So to us, who are constantly chasing our dreams, may we never lose hope in getting there.


<3 Roni 

No comments:

Post a Comment